Representing Closely Held Business Owners in Multiple Industries and Matters
Our representation of closely held businesses over more than two decades has encompassed a variety of industries.
- Financial Services
- Professional Practice (Law Accounting)
- Software Development
- Wholesale Distribution
- Real Estate Holding
- Hospitality and Entertainment
- Ecommerce and Retail
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Insurance Sales
- Outside Sales Organizations
Contact us for assistance with business divorce issues at (973) 602-3915 or use our on-line contact form. We will assist you with all aspects of business divorce, whether the result requires litigation or negotiation.
Representative Business Divorce Matters
We have represented clients on a wide spectrum of litigated and non-litigated matters
- Representing the law practice and its majority members in the litigated removal of a non-productive member through a successful acquisition of the member interest.
- Representing the founder of a successful direct mail services company in an oppressed shareholder action brought, culminating in a multi-million dollar acquisition of the founder’s shares.
- Negotiating the exit of a dissenting minority shareholder from a successful logistics and supply company with the acquisition of the dissenter’s interest at a premium above the initial valuation.
- Representing the majority members of a limited liability company involved in real estate development in the expulsion of a member from management and ultimately the company; negotiating the purchase of the minority member’s interests on favorable terms.
- Litigating the breakup of a family real estate holding company and the acquisition of the various interests by one of the interests.
- Negotiating the transition of a manufacturing enterprise through the retirement of a principal shareholder.
- Litigating the expulsion of a member from a limited liability company involved in the construction industry and managing his removal from the business.
- Litigating to a successful conclusion the expulsion of a member from a limited liability company involved in the equestrian industry.
- Securing an injunction preventing the managers of a successful restaurant from acting in a manner prejudicial to the minority interests.
- Litigating the lockout and expulsion of a physician from a medical practice, including securing the office from his continued participation in the operations.
Contact Jay McDaniel for experienced counsel in all aspects of business divorce at (973) 602-3915.